Which region's healthtech is giving London a run for its money? What are Northern Ireland's hottest tech sectors? And what funding support is available in Manchester?
We’re excited to announce the launch of our UK Startup Explorer, an interactive map that lets you virtually ‘travel’ around the UK, visiting startup communities all over England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.
Created in partnership with Microsoft for Startups, the UK Startup Explorer uses data from Dealroom, Tech Nation and Extend.VC to highlight the diversity of 21 of the UK’s biggest startup hubs.
And we've got more than just numbers: click into each region to hear directly from the local players that make each ecosystem tick via footage of our UK Ecosystem Assembly, a day-long event that covered the most pressing issues founders are facing.
How (and how not) to run a startup.
Here’s what you can use it for:
- Which regions have VCs coughing up the cash? Learn about the amount of tech investment per UK region, both overall and by sector.
- Where are the fintech, mobility and healthtech hot spots? Discover which regions have the most active companies per sector.
- Where’s all the talent? Find out which regions have the most universities, research centres and science parks.
- Looking to relocate? Explore which regions have the highest quality of life, including rent costs, average salaries and local sustainability stats.
- Want to learn more about startup support in your area? We’ve listed major events, organisations and local financial support.
Feeling adventurous? Read about the project here and start exploring now!