Stripe cofounder John Collison will make a rare stage appearance at this year’s Sifted Summit.
The Irish entrepreneur — who runs the global payments giant with his brother Patrick from Silicon Valley — will be joined on stage by Entrepreneur First cofounder Matt Clifford.
Collison is one of Europe’s most successful tech exports. San Francisco-based Stripe has raised funding from some of the world's top investors, like Sequoia, Peter Thiel, Elon Musk and Andreessen Horowitz; grown to 7,000 employees; and at one stage boasted a $95bn valuation.
Clifford, meanwhile, has built what is arguably Europe’s most respected company builder. Alongside his role as CEO of EF, he also chairs the UK’s Advanced Research and Innovation Agency (ARIA) and has advised the UK government on its AI strategy.
The Sifted Summit will take place October 4-5 at Magazine London.
Other headline speakers include:
- Christian Angermayer, serial entrepreneur and founder of Atai Life Sciences and Apeiron Investment Group
- Cindy Gallop, sextech entrepreneur and advertising legend
- Johannes Schildt, cofounder of healthtech Kry
- Rachel Delacour, cofounder of climate tech scaleup Sweep
- Taavet Hinrikus, cofounder of fintech giant Wise and partner at VC firm Plural
Get your ticket here.
Update, July 28: This piece originally said Stripe had nearly 10,000 employees; it actually has 7,000.