The special guest on the pod this week was Richard Robinson, cofounder and CEO of RobinAI — the legaltech startup using generative AI, which this week announced a $10.5m Series A round, led by Plural, the VC firm launched by Songkick founder Ian Hogarth and Wise cofounder Taavet Hinrikus (who we had on the pod last week).
- How RobinAI works — and makes sure it doesn't get anything wrong
- Who is actually using this technology
- What "human in the loop" means and why it's a good idea
We were also joined by Sifted journalist Éanna Kelly to find out whether non-billionaires will ever be able to go to space? From space balloons to rocket-maker collectives, he mapped out the space travel options for budget-conscious folks.
And in our news roundup, we covered:
- Revolut reports its first-ever year of profit
- Klarna posts $1bn annual loss, its largest ever
- London-based deeptech startup Cogitat, which won a £500k grant from the UK innovation agency Innovate UK to develop its AI tech — which it says can read your brainwaves
- GitLab and Remote backer Inkef loses its sole LP