You’ll work with the founders to develop and then deliver the roadmap for the commercial Data and Insights side of the Sifted business. A truly successful candidate will turn this role over time from a Product one to a Commercial one with full P&L ownership of this entire side of the business.
The role will include:
- Being out there talking to all our users and potential customers. Conducting extensive discovery using both qualitative and quantitative methods, including user interviews, journey mapping, and data analysis where appropriate.
- Thinking deeply about how engagement with our readers can and should create positive feedback loops as we turn data into information and then insights, and feed that back directly or as data-driven journalism.
- Develop an unparalleled understanding of the existing data market for private company/early stage/entrepreneur data, and all its problem and opportunity areas, including how to make best use of our FT brand relationship.
- Develop a high level Data and Insights business case that underpins the product strategy.
- Develop the product strategy and maintain the roadmap, validating and prioritizing the opportunities and features that will provide the highest impact for the organisation.
- Distill the strategy into functional requirements and drive product development in collaboration with Engineering and Design, acting as the domain expert and voice of the user.
- Create, measure, and monitor metrics to ensure that we are always heading in the right direction, and delivering a commercially successful proposition.
- Communicate and present ideas and updates to the business and its investors.
- Mentor and coach junior members of your team.
As this is a new project, you will have significant say in all that we do in this area, including defining the tools that we use, and the technical architecture that we implement.
- Be passionate about making the European startup world a better place.
- Have at least 3-5 years of commercial product management experience.
- Be happy “getting out there” and talking to (potential) customers and users. Not being afraid of asking difficult questions.
- Enjoy tackling complex problems, combining both intuitive and analytical thinking, and have the grit to get to a great solution.
- Are not satisfied until you get to the true root source of the stated problem, and question everything along the way.
- Have a demonstrated ability to develop exceptional products and user experiences that have had successful commercial outcomes.
- Are empathetic, collaborative, detail-oriented, and self-motivated with excellent organisational, time and project management skills.
- Are a clear thinker and persuasive communicator, with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Have the ability to both think big picture and deep dive into the details when necessary.
- Have previous experience partnering with a Technical Lead in a complex tech industry.
Nice to have
- An interest in journalism, especially data-driven journalism
- Team management experience
- P&L ownership experience
- An eye for design as well as product !
The next 12 months
Sifted is a new company with 10 employees. Over the next year we will grow far beyond that, picking up journalists across Europe and expanding the whole team, including your team. As this happens, you’ll have the chance to play a key role in shaping that team.
What we’re like to work for
- We’re all in this together: we offer everyone in the team equity in the company
- We have a small-company mindset, but can draw on many of the strengths and benefits of a world-respected brand, the Financial Times
- We’re friendly, hard-working and passionate about what we do
- We all have a flat structure, collaborate across disciplines, and everyone has impact across many areas of the business
- We value feedback, honesty and clear communication
- We have flexible working hours and sometimes work from home
- We have regular (optional) team socials, free subscriptions to the FT, and a seemingly endless supply of snacks
- 25 days paid holiday (plus bank holidays)
Our hiring process
Once we’ve received your CV, a member of the team will be in touch for a chat on the phone before inviting you for interview if appropriate.